Board of Trustees Priorities / President's Goals
July, 2016 – June, 2017
- Continue to develop the Board professionally.
- Continue to advocate for Aims Community College locally, state-wide and nationally.
- Support the College in accomplishing its goals.
- Focus on and update Board policies (0-99) to include a Code of Ethics.
- Continue a strategic focus on the future of the Aims Community College and how it
supports the region, the State, and the Nation.
President’s Goals and Activities
- Continue to focus on student access & success, retention, completion & learning college
- Assist the College with enculturation of the many new employees, re-alignment, and
- Continue to develop relationships with the communities in the Aims district.
- Review and update College policies and procedures. [This year will focus on defining
the process and timeline, creating the templates, and begin with the Board policies
- Complete the 2014- 2017 strategic plan. Begin the 2018 – 2021 strategic planning process
by defining the process and timeline, creating the templates, and requesting the BOT
confirm the mission, vision, and values of the College. *
- Ensure fiscal stability and maintain meaningful reporting.
- Begin 50TH ANNIVERSARY year-long celebration!!!!! (January, 2017) *
- Prepare for HLC site visit. *
- Complete BPR Business Administration Procurement process and Human Resources Hiring
process and begin phase II BPR projects (TBD). *
- Focus on upgrading system-wide administrative technology.
* = first year of goal/activity that will continue into the following year.